- New onboarding tutorial (Help / Onboarding tutorial)
- We made a better distinction between weekly, daily and atypical routines
- Now you can assign days of the week to 1-day routines (Routine card sub-menu / Repeat)
- New translation: Chinese traditional
- Adaptation to Android Q requirements
- The app now uses dynamic notification categories to offer customization (Android 8.0+)
- Popups will appear as heads-up notifications when the device is in use (Android 5.0+)
- Now you can change the LED color for notifications (Android 8.0+)
- Now you can control the ‘Override Do Not Disturb’ setting from within the app (Android 8.0+)
- Now you can restore ‘timetune.db’ backups made with old versions
- The app now uses the file picker from the system when selecting custom sounds
- TimeTune doesn’t require permission to write to the storage anymore
- New method for database backups that includes Google Drive
- Making backups doesn’t require storage permissions anymore
- Sharing a routine as a text file doesn’t require storage permissions anymore
- Routines: each day has its own screen now
- Routines: swipe horizontally to change the day
- Routines: click on the day name to jump to another day
- Timers: new picker when choosing the duration
- Settings: removed support for Google Drive backups
- Settings: local backups are stored now on the Download folder
- Interface: text contrast improved for better legibility
- Now you can see the past 7 days on your timeline and widget
- Interface themes have been redesigned to avoid visual noise
- New options and tools for the widget
- New input method for notifications
- Now you can select any amount of time for notifications
- New option to select all days when cloning
- New option to delete unused tags
- New purchase screen
- Migration to AndroidX libraries
- Firebase Analytics integration
- Fixed a bug that restarted the app in Meizu devices
- Updates to Russian translation
- Routines: now you can clone empty blocks
- Routines: now you can clone a group of blocks
- Routines: routines will scroll automatically to the current block when opening them
- Removed some third-party libraries
- New translation: Azerbaijani
- Empty blocks in routines are movable again
- New option to delete elements in edit screens
- Solved problem with daylight savings time calculations
- New interface for routines: more powerful, more possibilities
- New undo system (Top submenu / Undo)
- Swipe to delete everywhere
- Design changes in Settings and Help sections.
- Informative and social actions moved from Settings to Help section.
- Solved occasional problem about duplicate headers in timeline.
- Internal improvements regarding background processes.
- Name fields adapted to Material Design (floating label, error handling).
- New option to share a routine directly as text (instead of a text file).
- Purchase flow adapted to Google’s Billing library.
- Other internal improvements.
- Notification settings: ‘Default notification’ has been split between default time and default configuration.
- Notification settings: new option to apply the default configuration to all your existing notifications or only the new ones.
- A warning message will appear automatically when the app is blocked by the system.
- The widget will show the full text for comments instead of a single line.
- The ‘Weak alarms’ option is back (Android 5.0+). This option lets you hide the alarm icon from the status bar (Settings / Advanced / Scheduling method).
- Solved issue in widget about text overflowing vertically when the widget is too narrow.
- Upgraded method to connect to Google Drive (please select your account again).
- New option to detect when the app has been blocked by battery optimizations (Settings / Advanced / Status).
- Now you can see the next 7 days on the timeline and widget.
- The upper toolbar in the timeline will hide when scrolling.
- The persistent notification will show events, reminders and timers too.
- No more fake alarm at 00:00.
- Support for Android 8.1
- New translation: Chinese.
- A clearer distinction has been made between ‘manual mode’ and ‘programmer mode’ in ‘Routines’ (when the programmer is disabled -i.e. ‘manual mode’- routines use toggles, otherwise they use programs).
- Solved error when clearing a routine day.
- Solved bug about notification sound not stopping.
- Android 8: adapted to background execution limits.
- Android 8: support for notification categories.
- Android 8: adaptive icon and shortcuts.
- Android 6+: do not disturb mode is properly honored.
- All versions: new option to turn default notification off in settings (Settings / Notifications / Default notification / Delete).
- All versions: support for OGG files in custom notification sounds.
- New app icon!
- New submenu option to show/hide comments on the timeline.
- New submenu option to filter tags by name in tags section.
- The app will go back to the same point on the list after editing a reminder, event, timer or tag.
- Added support for launcher shortcuts (Android 7.1 and above).
- Length of reminder, timer and event names has been increased to 100 characters.
- Multiple minor optimizations.
- The ‘Today’ section has been redesigned as ‘Timeline’. Here you’ll see your activities for today and tomorrow in a faster and clearer way.
- Several design changes in other sections.
- New translation: Slovenian
- Chrome custom tabs for web links.
- New ‘Getting started’ guide on the Help section.
- Now you can sort reminders and events by status.
- Google Auto-Backup support (Android 6.0+): if the ‘Back up my data’ option from the ‘Backup & reset’ section on your device settings is enabled, you won’t lose your TimeTune data even if you didn’t back it up manually.
- Purple themes (Pro version).
- New identity color: the base color for TimeTune is now red instead of orange.
- Now you can create events in TimeTune (with duration and multiple notifications).
- Now you can define a full default notification in Settings / Notifications.
- The default notification will be added by default when creating a new routine activity or event.
- Reminders and timers will get their defaults from the default notification.
- The ‘Play voice’ option in activity notifications will play the tag names if there is no custom message.
- Pro users can now see calendar events coming from sub-calendars, local calendars and subscribed calendars.
- New pink themes (Pro Version).
- Free users stay tuned, more features are already in the works.
- Now you can see your Google Calendar events on TimeTune! (Pro Version). In order to achieve this, the new READ_CALENDAR permission has been added.
- Share notifications: now you can share a notification to your contacts from the notification itself or directly from pop-ups.
- Actions in pop-up notifications appear now as icons instead of text.
- New green themes (Pro Version).
- Output channel: new option in Settings/Notifications to select the output channel for sound and voice notifications (ringer volume, media volume, alarm volume).
- Back button: new option in Settings/Interface to tweak the behavior of the back button, so that it always go back to the Today section or not.
- Send database: new option in Settings/Advanced to send the database when troubleshooting issues with us, so we can help you better.
- Timers: solved a problem about repeating timers not stopping when reaching their limit of events.
- Timers: reminders of type ‘Lapse’ are now called ‘Timers’ and have their own section on the main menu.
- Rounds completed: notifications coming from repetitive Timers will inform you about the number of rounds completed without interruption.
- New blue-gray themes (Pro Version).
- New theme selector: more visual, no words.
- More icons have been added to the icon picker.
- Solved issue when clicking on the alarm time on the notification area (Android 5.0 and above).
- More accuracy (Android 5.0 and above): TimeTune will use clock alarms by default to schedule background tasks. Starting Android 5.0, this is the only way to guarantee true notification accuracy, as regular background tasks can be delayed by manufacturer optimizations, Android Doze Mode or battery saver apps. (Note: this will make the clock alarm icon appear on your status bar, but if you prefer you can go back to the previous behavior -i.e. ‘weak’ background tasks- on Settings / Advanced).
- More accuracy (Android 4.4 and below): a new permission has been added to prevent the device from sleeping when a new notification arrives. This will help avoid delays on Android 4.4 and below as well.
- Ready for Android 7.1
- Solved bug in Today section that showed the wrong activity in some cases
- New translation: Czech
- Bug fix for Lenovo devices
- Improvements on Russian translation
- New ‘Today’ section. This section will show the activities and reminders scheduled for today (even with multiple active routines) just like the widget does.
- Floating Action Buttons on all main screens
- No more advertising on the free version
- Routine statistics are now accessible from each routine card
- Now the widget will show all activities until the end of the following day
- New ‘Changelog’ section on the settings
- Many Material Design adjustments
- New translations: Korean, Romanian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Indonesian
- Ready for Android 7.0
- Notifications will be styled with theme color on Android 7.0
- Solved issue about programmer not always changing program
- Solved issue about default sound not saving correctly in settings
- Solved issue about voice notifications not always working
- Improved time adjustments when cloning/importing days
- Other internal fixes and optimizations
- Now you can long-click on activities inside routines to drag & drop to another position
- New automatic local backup option in settings
- New automatic Google Drive backup option in settings
- Ads have been removed from the Tags screen
- Bug fixes and internal improvements
- New Programmer section for enabling / disabling routines automatically on specific dates (Pro feature)
- Icon picker now loads much faster
- Icons in the icon picker have been grouped into categories
- New icons have been added to the icon picker
- Using the current activity icon in persistent notification now is open to all free users
- Ads have been removed from the Statistics and Help main options
- Now deep orange is the main app color instead of blue gray
- New Orange/Black theme
- New blue themes: Light/Blue, Dark/Blue, Black/Blue (Pro feature)
- Date and time pickers will follow the main theme too
- Now you can do copy/paste in text fields
- New option to show the current activity icon instead of the tt icon in persistent notification
- New translations: Norwegian, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Hungarian
- Solved crash when creating new routines in new installations
- Now you can enable multiple routines at the same time
- Now you can disable a routine by clicking on the activation button too
- New animations when enabling/disabling routines
- New submenu option for disabling all routines at once
- The widget will show activities for the next 24 hours even with multiple routines (max 100 rows)
- New button in widget for quick access to widget configuration
- Ads will not appear when the keyboard is open
- Several minor design changes
- New translation: Dutch